Order Today And Get FREE SHIPPING On All Orders!
Caramel Apple Upside-Down Skillet Cake
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into
- ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ cup butter, softened and divided
- 2 teaspoons brandy or brandy flavoring
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake pecans in a single layer in the 9 ½” Gotham skillet for 8 to 10 minutes to toast, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove and increase oven temp. to 375°F.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and ½ tsp. cinnamon.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in the 11” Gotham skillet over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in brandy. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Sprinkle pecans over brown sugar mixture. Arrange apples in 2 circles over pecans.
- Beat ½ cup granulated sugar and remaining ¼ cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add milk, sour cream, and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla, beating just until blended.
- Whisk together baking mix, nutmeg, and remaining ¼ tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add nutmeg mixture to butter mixture, beating on low just until blended.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Spread batter over apples in skillet.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 to 54 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted halfway into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in skillet on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of cake to loosen. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers
Review your order
Review your order
|Estimated Order Total|