Apricot Lentil Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1 ½ cups red lentils
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In large Gotham stock pot, sauté onion, garlic, and apricots in olive oil. Add lentils and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, and season with cumin, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice. Puree ½ of the soup in a blender, then return to the pot. Serve.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers