Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
- ½ pound cooked and shredded
- chicken breast or thighs
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 green onions, minced
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- or sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Toppings: sour cream, sliced green onions,
- guacamole (see recipe on right)
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, pepper, chili seasoning to taste
- Optional: chopped tomatoes and onions
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to seal. Spread butter on both sides of quesadillas.
- Heat an 11” Gotham skillet over medium heat, and cook quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla in half for main-dish servings or in quarters for appetizer servings. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.
- To make guacamole, mash the avocados, add the lime juice, salt, pepper and chili seasoning. Mix together. You may also add chopped tomatoes and onions.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers