Curried Butternut Squash and Pear Soup
- 1 (2 pound) butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 firm ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, cut into 1” dice
- ½ cup half and half
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membrane. Place squash halves, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until very soft, about 45 minutes. Scoop the pulp from the peel, and reserve.
- Melt butter in the Gotham large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and salt. Cook and stir until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Pour the chicken broth into the pot, and bring to a boil. Stir in the pears and the reserved squash, simmer until the pears are very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Use and immersion blender to make smooth or do small batches in a blender.
- Lower temperature to low and add the half and half. Simmer but do not boil. Serve.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers