Italian Chicken Hunter Stew
- 2 lb. whole chicken, jointed, or use the equivalent amount of chicken pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled (1 crushed, 2 sliced)
- ½ bottle Chianti
- flour, for dusting
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 anchovy fillets (optional) or ½ tsp. anchovy paste
- ½ cup black or green olives
- 2 cans diced Italian (Campari) tomatoes
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper and put them into a bowl. Add the bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and crushed clove of garlic, Cover with the wine. Leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, and pat dry with paper towel. Dredge the chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Heat 12 ½” Gotham skillet, add a splash of olive oil for flavor, fry the chicken pieces until browned lightly and put on platter.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the sliced garlic. Fry gently until golden brown, then add the anchovies, olives, tomatoes and the chicken pieces with their reserved marinade. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and bake in the preheated oven for 1½ hours. Skim off any oil that’s collected on top, then stir, taste and add a little salt and pepper if necessary. Remove the bay leaves and rosemary sprigs, and serve with a salad, and crusty bread.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers