Southern Fried Apple Pies
- oil, for frying
- 2 cans large buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- ¼ cup sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- flour, for rolling
- whipped cream, confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Pour the oil into a 12 ½” Gotham skillet about ½-inch up the sides and heat to about 350°F.
- Remove biscuits from cans, flour them and roll each 1 out to a 5-inch round.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of fruit filling on a round leaving a ½-inch edge all around. Place another rolled out round on top of the filling, pressing around the edges to seal. Tip: Dip your fingers in water and wipe around the edge of the bottom biscuit to enable it to stick to the top biscuit. Dip end of dinner fork in flour and press continuously around edge to insure a proper seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Makes 8 or 10 pies. Place 3 or 4 of the pies in the preheated Gotham skillet. Fry for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while still hot.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers