Gruyere, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Spread
- 3 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat the 11” Gotham skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and butter. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese. Combine remaining cheese, with the caramelized onion, add 1 tablespoon chives, and the remaining ingredients to the skillet.
- Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers