Order Today And Get FREE SHIPPING On All Orders!
Skillet Pizza Dough
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the lukewarm water, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the flour and salt at low speed. Mix in the yeast mixture and olive oil until a shaggy dough forms. Change to the dough hook attachment and mix at medium speed until smooth, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased, large mixing bowl, turning to coat; cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Punch down the dough before using.
- NOTE: For whole wheat dough, use ¾ cup whole wheat flour and 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour.
Tips to get ahead:
- Prepare Skillet Pizza Dough up to 1 day in advance.
- Refrigerate the covered bowl of dough and let rise overnight for up to 24 hours. When ready to use, punch down the dough and allow an extra 30 minutes to 1 hour for the second rise in the skillet.
- Quarter the dough (recipe below) and shape into balls. Place on a lightly floured surface, cover with a kitchen towel and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the 9 ½” Gotham skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes (Make sure you have a lid).
- Flatten 1 piece of dough, then stretch into a 9-inch round. Add 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet, tilting to coat. Carefully lay the dough in the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 ½ minutes. Using a metal spatula, flip the dough, then cover and cook until the bottom is brown, about 3 minutes. Turn the dough again and, working quickly, spread ¼ cup of the tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the cheese, top with choice of toppings, then cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1 minute longer.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board let sit 5 minutes to cool. Wipe out the pan and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!