Easy Farmhouse Lamb Stew with Vegetables
- 2 lbs. lamb, stewing pieces
- (neck or shank or other meaty bits)
- 2 lbs. vegetables, mixed (onion must
- be used, and add chopped potato or
- sweet potato, carrots, celery and peas)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 14 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Heat Gotham large stock pot. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Put the flour in a small bowl and dip each piece of meat in the flour to lightly coat.
- Add small batches to the pan to sear. When one batch has sizzled on both sides, push them to the side of the pot with a long-handled fork.
- Add the seasoning salt to the meat, and stir. Heat should be quite high at this stage. Add vegetables.
- Add tomatoes, ½ tsp. sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic.
- The heat is still high at this stage. Add the red wine (You could sub with beef broth, but red wine is really preferable).
- Bring to boil, turn heat to lowest setting, cover. Let stew simmer for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If the veggies have rendered a lot of liquid, uncover and cook until sauce has reduced. Add more wine if dry and leave covered.
- Stew until the meat is tender; all-together about 1 ¼ – 2 hours (depending on the meat you use).
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers