Mexican Rice Delight
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cup chicken stock
- one 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in the 12 ½” Gotham skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the garlic and onions and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook, while stirring, to toast. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste, and stir until it's well blended.
- Add the chicken stock and the black beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer,
cover with a lid and cook on low until the rice is tender and the chicken stock is absorbed, about
15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice steam, covered, for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers