Mexican Chocolate Monkey Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a 12” oven proof Gotham skillet over medium and melt butter with brown sugar. Add bananas and sauté until sugar becomes a syrup and remove from heat. Arrange bananas neatly in pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine egg whites, brown sugar, yogurt and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into skillet over sautéed bananas. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until middle of cake springs back when touched.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Invert onto a large plate and cut into 16 slices.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers