Salted Caramel Chocolate Monster Cookie
- 17 tablespoons butter, divided (total of 2 sticks of butter + 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (dark works best)
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramels or caramel bits
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- coarse sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Soften 9 tablespoons butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until partially melted. Soften the remaining 8 tablespoons for 10 seconds or until you can make an indent with your finger.
- Mix the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamed. Add the vanilla and maple syrup and mix again until smooth. Add the eggs; beat slowly until mixed. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt in small batches. Mix until a smooth dough forms. The dough should feel dry to the touch - if it sticks to your hands, add a few more tablespoons of flour. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Melt the caramel pieces and heavy cream in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well until melted and smooth.
- Press half of the dough mixture into the 9 ½” inch Gotham skillet. Pour the caramel over the dough and smooth with a spoon. Cover with another layer of cookie dough. Cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, remove lid or foil and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt, and allow to rest for at least one hour in order for the pieces to hold their shape when cut.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers