Pot Roast in Cabernet
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs. trimmed beef flatiron steak or chuck, cut into 8 pieces
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 1 pkg. Lipton Beefy onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of Cabernet wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 cremini mushrooms or button (opt.)
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1” pieces
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. In a large Gotham Saucepan, melt the butter in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the meat in the pan in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook over med high heat, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add all ingredients, sprinkle with Beefy Onion soup mix.
- Cover the casserole and transfer it to the oven. Cook the stew for 3 ½ hours, until the meat is very tender.
- Serve with crusty bread.
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers