Sausage and Polenta Bake
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ lb. spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 ounces Cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 4 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups coarse yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put sausage in the 11” skillet and brown over medium-high heat. Remove with slotted spoon the sausage into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Leave sausage grease remaining in the skillet and add mushrooms. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion, garlic and thyme and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mushroom mixture over sausage and fold together.
- Pour water into the 9 ½” saucepan and bring to a boil. Generously season water with salt and pepper. Whisk cornmeal into water and reduce heat to medium. Continuously stir the polenta for about 5 minutes. Add butter, goat cheese and Parmesan and stir until fully incorporated. Adjust seasonings.
- Pour half the polenta back into the 11” skillet and spread into an even layer. Pour all but ½ cup of the sausage/mushroom mixture, in an even layer over the polenta and top with remaining polenta (creating almost a layered casserole). Sprinkle the top with the remaining sausage/mushroom mixture and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve
50+ Quick & Easy Recipes
Inspired by Celebrity Chef Daniel Green
- Quick & easy to make
- No experience needed
- Includes different desserts, dinners, lunches & quick snacks!
Sign up to learn about new products and special offers